Eastern Talk Radio Show
|« Back to calendar||« Previous Event | Next Event »|
EAL Radio Show
Monday, July 15, 2019,
"The Last Heartbeats of an America Legacy Airline"
The Final Days of Eastern Airlines
The EAL Radio brings a program "The Last Heartbeats of an America Legacy Airline" - The final days of Eastern Airlines" in Episode 422 on Monday, July 15, 2019 at 7:00 P. M. EDT.
Eastern Airlines, MIA was a major American airline from 1926 to 1991. So many great memories to carry the Legacy of Eastern and accomplished many firsts in the airline industry.
• Eastern Air Transport first to add passenger route service.
• and to adopt the Automatic Pilot on a commercial airliner.
• First to adopt the Sperry Horizon as standard equipment.
• Eastern Air established the first air passenger service between New York and Atlanta.
• EAL became the first airline to use Autogiros flying.
• Eastern was the first Airline to fly a scheduled flight into the new Washington National Airport,
• EAL Constellations broke numerous speed records.
• EAL Lockheed L-749A Constellation flew from L A to LGA, in 6 hours, 18 minutes, setting a new West-to East trans-continental speed record for transport aircraft.
• First DC-7B in service and with passengers from Philly to MIA via Washington.
• New route opened to LA via Dallas and MIA via LA.
• In 1985 Miami-London route was approved.
• Eastern became the official airline for opening of Walt Disney ride "If You Had Wings"
Listen in to hear more memories of our Legacy that we carry by
calling 213-816-1611 at 7:00 P. M. EDT on Monday, July 15 , 2019 for Episode 422. Join our discussion or listen in by clicking the hyperlink to take you to www.blogtalkradio.com/capteddie.