Eastern Employees Recipes
Your recipe will go right here!
½ C Extra Light Virgin Olive Oil
2 T butter
4 whole boneless Chicken Breasts or,
(use 6 Veal Cutlets, cut)
1 28 oz. can Whole Tomatoes in juice
or 2 (14.5 oz.) cans Diced Tomatoes in juice
1 C sliced mushrooms
2 large onions, sliced
2 large green peppers, sliced
1 C flour
¼ Tsp. freshly ground black pepper
½ Tsp. salt
½ Tsp. Splenda/Sugar
½ Tsp. oregano
½ Tsp. basil
1 Tsp. garlic powder
1 Tsp. onion powder
3-4 garlic cloves, sliced
1 C red Merlot wine
- Wash, tenderize the meat, rinse and pat dry. Split Chicken Breasts in half. Cut meat into pieces.
- Place flour in a plastic bag, and shake meat until covered with flour.
- Heat oil and butter in a large sauté pan; add meat and sauté over medium-high heat 5-6 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove and cover with foil and using the same pan add the onions, garlic, sliced mushrooms and peppers. Sauté until golden brown for about 5-6 minutes.
- Crush Tomatoes in a bowl with a slotted spoon. Pour in wine, seasonings and stir to blend.
- Add meat back to the pan and cook on low heat for 30-35 minutes until cooked (moist, not dry).
- Sprinkle ½ Tsp. parsley over the dish. Grate fresh Parmesan / Romano cheese upon serving. Serve with a side of pasta or over a bed of rice.
- Substitute: Fresh Veal (though more
expensive) is excellent this way, as well.
Cook time, approx. 1 hour - Serves 6